Torre Solar, Tempranillo, Syrah, VDT Castilla, Spain, 2018
Literally meaning "the most wanted", Vinos Más Buscados is a collection of wines grown and nurtured in the Southern half of Spain, mainly in the area known as La Mancha.
Inspired by Spain's largely untapped fine wine resources, friends, colleagues and Masters of Wine, Fergal Tynan and Giles Cooke set off on a journey to find the unsung heroes of Spain, be they regions, growers or winemakers. Fergal's interest in wine terroirs and Giles' instincts for flavour, led them to unearth great Spanish wines whose stories were untold. Each wine is hand made. Each wine reflects the personality of the land and the subtle imprint of man in varying degrees. Now encompassing the terrific value of Castillo del Moro, Centelleo, Torre Solar, and Te Quiero and the organic credentials of Campo Flores, Vinos Más Buscados is a reflection of all that is best in modern Spanish wine making.
Selected parcels of grapes from small lots are destemmed and then crushed. Grapes cold soaked for up to 10 days and then fermented in temperatrue controlled stainlees steel tank with selected yeast strains. Then only free run wine is drained off after a period of post fermentation maceration. Aak aged for a period of 9 months and then carefully blended 10 months after harvest
Style and Values
- Style: Still
- Closure: Screwcap
- ABV: 13.5%
- Country: Spain
- Vint: 2018
- Food Match : Lightly spiced stews, rice dishes and charcuterie.
- Tasting Notes:
A succulent, juicy red bursting with ripe blackberry and spice character. Criminally drinkable, its vibrant fruit driven style and easy balance make for the perfect anytime red.
- Grape Types: Tempranillo, Syrah
You might also like
- £42.95 per bottlePickering's Navy Strength
- £12.00 per bottleStrawberry & Black Pepper Gin
- £7.99 per bottleBlanco, Campo Flores, Vinos Más Buscados, 2019, 75cl
- £10.99 per bottleGatito Loco, Blanco Organic, Rioja, Spain, 2018
- £8.65 per bottleCabernet Sauvignon Rosé, Central Valley, Costa Vera, Indómita, 2019, 75cl
- £34.75 per bottleGardet Tradition Brut, 75cl
- £15.99 per bottleGavi, DOCG, Tenuta Olim Bauda, 2019, 75cl
- £44.25 per bottleBenromach Organic
- £13.49 per bottleVerdicchio di Castelli di Jesi Classico Superiore, Cima Signoria, DOC, Zaccagnini, 2019, 75cl
- £10.95 per bottleD`A Marsanne, `Lot 12`, Domaine Astruc 2018
- £2.50 per bottleWooHa Rauch N' Roll Porter
- £12.99 per bottleThe Courtesan Riesling, Clare Valley, The Character Series, Wild & Wilder, 2019, 75cl