Amarone della Valpolicella, Campo Léon, DOCG, ILatium Morini , 2013, 75cl
The seven brothers and cousins involved with ILatium Morini changed their approach in 2004 and decided to keep the best grapes to make wine themselves. Since then the torrent of accolades, including an IWC Gold for their Amarone and glowing reviews from Jancis Robinson, would suggest that they made the right decision. Now at the forefront of the new wave production of Soave, Valpolicella and Amarone, the wines combine beautiful fruit concentration with fresh, bright acidity. Another recent string to their bow was the release of a no added sulphur Soave. Viticulture- Today the winery cultivates 40 hectares with plots spread across Valpolicella and Soave. Healthy fruit at peak ripeness is hand harvested and air dried for 100 to 120 days in small baskets. Winemaking- Crio-maceration is followed by a controlled fermentation for 20/30 days with a frequent pump over to break skin cap (temperatures between 18 and 25 °C). Barrel ageing (French and North America oak of 220 to 500 lt) for 30 months and 8/10 months in bottles. Oak Treatment- Time: 30 Months; Type: French and American; % oaked: 100; % new oak: 100.
Style and Values
- Style: Still
- Closure: Natural Cork
- ABV: 16%
- Country: Italy
- Vint: 2013
- Food Match : Aubergine or mushroom main courses. Grilled red meat, roast meat, game, ripe cheeses.
- Tasting Notes: Garnet red with an orange hue. Intense and ample ripe black fruit, sour cherries, herby and earthy, really rich and pruney, raisined, intense, lovely balance, richness.
- Grape Types: Corvina, Rondinella, Croatina/Oseleta
You might also like
- £16.99 per bottleEstate Riesling, QbA, Wéingut Max Ferdinand Richter, 2017, 75cl
- £15.99 per bottleSource de Rouge, Château Ka, 2015, 75cl
- £8.95 per bottleAves Del Sur Chardonnay 2019 75cl
- £28.49 per bottleNeropasso, IGT, Biscardo, Mabis, 2016, 150cl
- £15.99 per bottleSparkling Chardonnay, Vida Orgánica, N/V, 75cl
- £7.99 per bottleThe Wrong Un Shiraz, Cabernet, One Chain Vineyards, 2017, 75cl
- £18.99 per bottleSancerre Rosé, Domaine Daulny, 2017, 75cl
- £31.75 per bottlePouilly-fume Demoiselle Bourgeois, 2013, 75cl
- £28.99 per bottleMajella, Sparkling Shiraz, Coonawarra 2017
- £8.49 per bottleEspinos y Cardos, Los Espinos Sauvignon Blanc, Central Valley, Chile, 2019
- £14.99 per bottleOrganic Beaujolais, Domaine de la Couvette, 2018, 75cl
- £15.99 per bottleThe Great Escape Chardonnay, Adelaide Hills, Thistledown, 2015, 75cl