Valpolicella, DOC, ILatium Morini , 2016, 75cl
The seven brothers and cousins involved with ILatium Morini changed their approach in 2004 and decided to keep the best grapes to make wine themselves. Since then the torrent of accolades, including an IWC Gold for their Amarone and glowing reviews from Jancis Robinson, would suggest that they made the right decision. Now at the forefront of the new wave production of Soave, Valpolicella and Amarone, the wines combine beautiful fruit concentration with fresh, bright acidity. Another recent string to their bow was the release of a no added sulphur Soave. Viticulture- Today the winery cultivates 40 hectares with plots spread across Valpolicella and Soave. Healthy fruit at peak ripeness is hand harvested and air dried for 100 to 120 days in small baskets. Winemaking- Crio macerated at 7 - 8 ° Celsius for 12 to 18 hours. Fermentation is at controlled temperature with constant pumping over of the grapes. No Oak treatment.
Style and Values
- Style: Still
- Closure: Natural Cork
- ABV: 13%
- Country: Italy
- Vint: 2016
- Food Match : Semi Aged Cheeses, Pasta and Risotto, Salami.
- Tasting Notes: Lovely ruby colour with a powerful and aromatic nose of cherry, strawberry and raspberry fruits. Soft warm and dry in the mouth with elegant and harmonious tannin.
- Grape Types: Corvina, Corvinone, Rondinella, Croatina and others
You might also like
- £15.99 per bottleMuscat de Beaumes de Venise, La Séductrice, Val de Garrigue, 2016, 37.5cl
- £39.99 per bottleAmarone della Valpolicella, Campo Léon, DOCG, ILatium Morini , 2013, 75cl
- £13.50 per bottleTime Waits for No One Monastrell, 2016 75cl
- £11.75 per bottleVilla Wolf Pinot Noir Rose, 2017 75cl
- £15.75 per bottleRuminat Primitivo Lunaria Biodynamic, 75cl 2017
- £14.99 per bottleSource de Rouge, Château Ka, 2015, 75cl
- £8.85 per bottleAves Del Sur Cabernet Sauvignon, 2017, 75cl
- £22.25 per bottleSancerre Blanc Les Baronnes, 2017, 75cl
- £35.00 per bottleKirsty's Gin
- £20.90 per bottleJohannes Trapl, Blaufränkisch Reserve, Carnuntum, Austria, 2015
- £38.00 per bottleArbikie Chilli Vodka
- £36.00 per bottleOgilvy vodka