Pinela, Guerila, 2016, 75cl
Zmago Petrič's family's winery is located in Vipavska Dolina and from the very beginning, they have worked organically and biodynamically, devoting their energies to local grape varieties and respecting the natural environment around them. Concentrating on the varieties of Zelen and Pinela which are only grown in this region and nowhere else on the planet, they have built a unique proposition. Everything is hand picked, naturally fermented and then bottled unfiltered with just a minimal sulphur addition, creating wines that are delicate, mineral and full of freshness. Viticulture- Viticulture procedures follow the biodynamic calender and is simple, with the focus on allowing the plants to yield only what it can naturally produce, other than by addition of green manure, biodynamic compost and biodynamic pesticides. All grapes are hand picked. Winemaking- Hand harvest of biodynamicly produced grapes. Four-hour maceration of crushed grapes, pressing and must decantation. Spontaneous fermentation with natural yeast already present on the grapes. Nine-month maturation of the wine on the lees in stainless steel tanks. Bottling according to Maria Thun moon calendar with minimal addition of sulphur. No oak treatment.
Style and Values
- Style: Still
- Closure: Natural Cork
- ABV: 13%
- Country: Slovenia
- Vint: 2016
- Food Match : Pasta, risotto, white meat, seafood and cheeses.
- Tasting Notes: A pale sunny yellow and lively colour. Distinguished by its complex nose. Aromas of peach, pineapple, citruses, dried flowers. A full-body and distinct minerality complete the balance of freshness and smoothness.
- Grape Types: Pinela
You might also like
- £22.99 per bottlePansal del Calàs, Celler de Capçanes, 2013, 50cl
- £18.99 per bottleSancerre Rosé, Domaine Daulny, 2017, 75cl
- £16.99 per bottleEstate Riesling, QbA, Wéingut Max Ferdinand Richter, 2017, 75cl
- £17.99 per bottleRasteau, Guillaume Gonnet, 2017, 75cl
- £11.50 per bottlePicpoul De Pinet Cuvee Paredeux 2017
- £40.00 per bottleArbikie Chilli Vodka
- £15.90 per bottleMontepulciano Coste Di Moro Biodynamic, 2015, 75cl
- £19.99 per bottleIona, Chardonnay, Elgin, South Africa, 2017
- £8.95 per bottleIl Meridione Catarratto, 2017, 75cl
- £10.95 per bottleD`A Marsanne, `Lot 12`, Domaine Astruc 2016
- £8.99 per bottleAncora Monferrato Chiaretto, 2017, 75cl
- £14.99 per bottleOrganic Beaujolais, Domaine de la Couvette, 2018, 75cl