Pinela, Guerila, 2016, 75cl
Zmago Petrič's family's winery is located in Vipavska Dolina and from the very beginning, they have worked organically and biodynamically, devoting their energies to local grape varieties and respecting the natural environment around them. Concentrating on the varieties of Zelen and Pinela which are only grown in this region and nowhere else on the planet, they have built a unique proposition. Everything is hand picked, naturally fermented and then bottled unfiltered with just a minimal sulphur addition, creating wines that are delicate, mineral and full of freshness. Viticulture- Viticulture procedures follow the biodynamic calender and is simple, with the focus on allowing the plants to yield only what it can naturally produce, other than by addition of green manure, biodynamic compost and biodynamic pesticides. All grapes are hand picked. Winemaking- Hand harvest of biodynamicly produced grapes. Four-hour maceration of crushed grapes, pressing and must decantation. Spontaneous fermentation with natural yeast already present on the grapes. Nine-month maturation of the wine on the lees in stainless steel tanks. Bottling according to Maria Thun moon calendar with minimal addition of sulphur. No oak treatment.
Style and Values
- Style: Still
- Closure: Natural Cork
- ABV: 13%
- Country: Slovenia
- Vint: 2016
- Food Match : Pasta, risotto, white meat, seafood and cheeses.
- Tasting Notes: A pale sunny yellow and lively colour. Distinguished by its complex nose. Aromas of peach, pineapple, citruses, dried flowers. A full-body and distinct minerality complete the balance of freshness and smoothness.
- Grape Types: Pinela
You might also like
- £28.99 per bottleMajella, Sparkling Shiraz, Coonawarra 2017
- £10.70 per bottleGorgorito Rueda Verdejo, 2017, 75cl
- £29.95 per bottlePickering's Original 1947
- £8.95 per bottleAves Del Sur Carmenere, 2019, 75cl
- £51.99 per bottleDominio de Cair, Cair, DO Ribera del Duero, Spain (150cl.), 2012
- £15.99 per bottleVenturini Baldini, Montelocco Lambrusco, DOP, Emilia Romagna, Italy, 2016
- £8.65 per bottlePierre et Papa, Dry White, IGP Comté Tolosan, France , 2018
- £27.99 per bottleViura, Abel Mendoza, 2017, 75cl
- £15.99 per bottleThe Drift Farm, Year of the Rooster, Single Vineyard Touriga Franca Rosé, Overberg Highlands, South Africa, 2016
- £11.95 per bottleJordan Bradgate Syrah, 2016, 75cl
- £63.99 per bottleBrut Prestige, Champagne Pierre Mignon, 150cl
- £21.99 per bottleSauvignon Gris, Estero Vineyard, Casa Marin, 2018, 75cl