Bodegas Manzanos, Finca Manzanos Rosado, DOCa Rioja, Spain, 2020
On the border between Rioja and Navarra, Victor Manzanos carries on the work of the four generations before him. Adding in significant amounts of ambition and energy, he is at the forefront of the new Rioja - championing a modern interpretation of its varieties through his wines. As a grower, Victor is keen to prove that Rioja Baja has its own distinct character and should not be judged as inferior to Rioja Alta or Alavesa - just different. With over 250ha of owned vineyards at his disposal, including what he claims to be the oldest Graciano vines in the world, Victor and the team at Manzanos are fortunately placed to put both the sub-region and the name Manzanos firmly on the map of the most important producers in Rioja. Viticulture.
300ha of vineyards are planted on clay-limestone soil at an average height of 400m above sea level. Meticulous attention to detail in the vineyards, coupled with the extreme climate, offer the perfect conditions for the production of great wines. Grapes are all hand-picked in early October. Fermentation in stainless steel vats at a controlled temperature with eighteen hours maceration.
Style and Values
- Style: Still
- Closure: Screwcap
- ABV: 13%
- Country: Spain
- Vint: 2020
- Food Match : Tapas, paella, or vegetable and tofu kebabs.
- Tasting Notes:
Brilliant rosé colour. Bright strawberries on the nose with a very balanced palate and long finish.
- Grape Types: Tempranillo, Garnacha
You might also like
- £3.00 per bottleKnoydart Dubh Lochain Porter
- £12.25 per bottleVilla Wolf Pinot Noir Rose, 2021 75cl
- £12.49 per bottleCarménère, Central Valley, Armador, Odfjell, 2019, 75cl
- £13.50 per bottleThistledown, Gorgeous Grenache, South Australia, 2021
- £60.00 per caseMixed Case White
- £13.99 per bottleOddbird Low Intervention No Alcohol Organic White, Veneto, Italy
- £15.75 per bottleMalbec, Felino, Viña Cobos, 2020, 75cl
- £9.30 per bottleAlasia Cortese, 2020, 75cl
- £12.25 per bottleStella Bella, Pink Muscat, Margaret River, Australia, 2020
- £31.95 per bottlePickering's Gin with Scottish Botanicals
- £9.90 per bottlePetit Balthazar Merlot, 2019, 75cl
- £35.00 per bottleGin & Tonic Survival Kit