I Think Manzanilla En Rama, Equipo Navazos Sherry , Equipo Navazos, 2017, 37.5cl
Equipo Navazos is a group of friends who have united over a shared passion for the treasures of Jerez, Sanlúcar, El Puerto and Montilla. They work closely with local producers to identify high quality butts of sherry with finesse and complexity which they then bottle and offer in very limited amounts. As well as producing sherry, Equipo Navazos has collaborated with other winemakers including Dirk Niepoort and Sergi Colet to develop some intriguing and characterful wines from Jerez and sparkling wines from Penèdes. Viticulture- Eduardo Ojeda has invested much effort improving the quality of wines, barrels and infrastructure at La Guita over recent years. We have witnessed the success of his work in extraordinary wines like those of the Manzanilla Pasada series (La Bota 10,20,30,49,50 and now 58) but we believe nothing demonstrates Eduardo’s success quite so much as this release of I Think. I Think represents almost a personal selection of the wines available at the La Guita cellars and with this release - at once vital, vibrant, edgy Manzanilla with characteristic salty tang and a linear shaft of minerality piercing through the whole of the palate yet also a wine that has weight and complexity – Eduardo shows us more of the general level of the wines in the bodega. Winemaking- 60 casks are selected out of 12,000 to create the "I think" Manzanilla En Rama. It is, besides a humble homage to Charles Darwin as a symbol of the triumph of reason, a true and untamed Manzanilla. Bottled "en rama" after barely the slightest filtration process, it retains the intense golden colour and pungent character it exhibits straight from the butts where it ages under flor for about four and a half years. Oak treatment- Time: 4 1/2 Years; Type: Sherry cask; % oaked: 100; % new oak.
Style and Values
- Style: Fortified
- Closure: Screwcap
- ABV: 15%
- Country: Spain
- Vint: 2017
- Food Match : Seafood, Oysters and Tapas!
- Tasting Notes: A fine Manzanilla that's powerfully aromatic. Fresh, with a salty tang, with plenty of acidity together with a very satisfying lemon twist to the finish. A natural Product with plenty of colour, weight and concentration.
- Grape Types: Palmino Fino
You might also like
- £8.49 per bottleCabernet Sauvignon Rosé, Central Valley, Costa Vera, Indómita, 2018, 75cl
- £36.00 per bottleOgilvy vodka
- £14.49 per bottleOrganic Beaujolais, Domaine de la Couvette, 2016, 75cl
- £38.00 per bottleArbikie Haar Vodka
- £8.85 per bottleAves Del Sur Chardonnay 2017 75cl
- £1.95 per bottleWooHa Lager
- £15.25 per bottleSimonsig Kaapse Vonkel, 2016, 75cl
- £28.49 per bottleNeropasso, IGT, Biscardo, Mabis, 2013, 150cl
- £12.99 per bottleCava Brut Reserva, Bodegas Sumarroca, 2015, 75cl
- £51.99 per bottleDominio de Cair, Cair, DO Ribera del Duero, Spain (150cl.), 2012
- £11.99 per bottleThe Courtesan Riesling, Clare Valley, The Character Series, Wild & Wilder, 2017, 75cl
- £15.99 per bottlePinela, Guerila, 2016, 75cl