Neropasso, IGT, Biscardo, Mabis, 2013, 150cl
The Biscardo Family have been making wine from their base in Soave for over 150 years and are currently led by brothers Maurizio and Martino. During the course of Maurizio's long and illustrious career, he has consulted for well known wineries around Italy and in doing so he came across the vineyards for their Puglian wines. Both the Pugliese and Veneto wines are characterised by an almost dangerous drinkability, aromatic purity and exceptional value for money. Viticulture- The soil for this wine vary considerably, adding to the complexity of the wine. Brown and red soil on silts, loam rocks formed from the Cretaceous period, compact red soil on basalt and compact red soil on Eocene limestone. Each valley gives different qualities to the wine, although there is always a high calcareous concentration, with lots of big stones in the first half metre of the ground. Winemaking- Ripe and healthy grapes are selected at the time of the hand picking. The thinnest bunches are chosen, with the berries not too close one to another, so that the air can circulate. The grapes are laid out in large perforated plastic boxes, to ensure excellent ventilation. The boxes are stacked in the fruttaio, a large airy room and the grapes are periodically monitored so that the Appassimento process takes place. A selection of the grapes are slightly wilted before the soft pressing. The wine is then aged partly in steel tanks and partly in Tonneaux. Oak Treatment- Time: 6 Months; Type: Tonneaux; % oaked: 40; % new oak: None.
Style and Values
- Style: Still
- Closure: Natural Cork
- ABV: 13.5%
- Country: Italy
- Vint: 2013
- Food Match : Recommended with pasta, fresh and aged cheeses, white and red meats,.
- Tasting Notes: Intense ruby red turning to garnet with ageing. Bouquet is spicy with hints of cherry, black cherry and plum compote. fine and velvety palate, persistent, with soft tannins at the end.
- Grape Types: Corvinone, Corvina, Cabernet Sauvignon
You might also like
- £11.75 per bottleVilla Wolf Pinot Noir Rose, 2017 75cl
- £16.25 per bottleCrianza, Bodegas Luis Cañas, 2015, 75cl
- £11.99 per bottleI Think Manzanilla En Rama, Equipo Navazos Sherry , Equipo Navazos, 2018, 37.5cl
- £17.99 per bottleRasteau, Guillaume Gonnet, 2016, 75cl
- £18.50 per bottleBesos de Oro
- £10.70 per bottleGorgorito Rueda Verdejo, 2017, 75cl
- £15.99 per bottlePinela, Guerila, 2016, 75cl
- £11.49 per bottleWild & Wilder, The Exhibitionist Merlot, Barossa Valley, South Australia, Australia, 2018
- £48.99 per bottleDomaine Pillot, Chassagne-Montrachet 1er Cru Rouge, Morgeot, Burgundy, France, 2015
- £10.95 per bottleD`A Marsanne, `Lot 12`, Domaine Astruc 2016
- £10.99 per bottlePinot Noir, Santa Macarena, Espinos Y Cardos, 2017, 75cl
- £33.99 per bottleZuccardi Q Malbec, Valle de Uco, Mendoza, Argentina (150cl.), 2015