Altolandon,Mil Historias Malbec, Manchuela, Spain, 2018
As the lands starts to rise, inland northwest of Valencia, you will find Roselia Molina heading up Bodegas Altolandon. The property consists of 120 hectares with the winery resting right in the centre, not only making it aesthetically satisfying but also extremely practical. Organic methods are used to manage the vines utilising only natural fertilisers and some green pruning to further guarantee the quality of fruit prior to hand-harvesting. The grapes are vinified as naturally as possible with native yeasts and little other intervention.
Never harvested before the 12th October and always by hand. The colour is extracted in 6000 litre inox tank. Skin contact for 2 to 3 weeks at a controlled temperature before an alcoholic fermentation which is spontaneous, with gentle pumping over for 5 weeks. Pressed directly to 3rd use, 225 Litre French oak barrels, where the malolactic fermentation takes place, also in a natural and spontaneous way for about 4 months. Aged for 4 months in 50% oak barrel and 50% in clay amphoras. Stabilisation is also natural and during the coldest months, temperatures can go to minus 15º C.
Style and Values
- Closure: Natural Cork
- ABV: 14%
- Country: Spain
- Vint: 2018
- Food Match : Aromatic dishes such as Thai food work well.
- Tasting Notes:
Bright ruby to dark purple in colour, it promises plenty of power.The nose is complex with powerful aromas of blackberry and blueberry with, rose, rosemary, violets and floral notes as well as a hint of spice. The palate is nicely concentrated and with fine tannins. The flavours of blueberry, plum and blackberry are big, with hints of bittersweet cocoa and a subtle stimulating flavour of mint and violet, dark cherry, blackberry, red plum, earth, espresso, tobacco, dark chocolate, black pepper, black tea, violet. Very complex.
- Grape Types: Malbec
You might also like
- £14.99 per bottleFine White Port, Delaforce Port, Real Companhia Velha, 75cl
- £28.49 per bottleNeropasso, IGT, Biscardo, Mabis, 2017, 150cl
- £20.00 per bottleGift Voucher £20
- £10.75 per bottleVermador Rosé
- £9.95 per bottleSimonsig Chenin Blanc, 2020, 75cl
- £19.99 per bottleCave De Ribeauville, Pinot Noir, Alsace, France, 2017
- £8.99 per bottlePaparuda Pinot Noir 2019
- £34.00 per bottleHoly Grass Vodka
- £12.99 per bottlePradio, Passaparola, Prosecco, Spumante DOC, Veneto, Italy, N/V
- £22.99 per bottlePansal del Calàs, Celler de Capçanes, 2013, 50cl
- £13.65 per bottleSauvignon Blanc, Zephyr Wines, 2019, 75cl
- £39.99 per bottleGlen Scotia Double Cask