Venturini Baldini, Montelocco Lambrusco, DOP, Emilia Romagna, Italy, 2016
The sparkling reds that this estate produces are a revelation, full of ripe dark fruit, herbs and light tannins. The farm has been certified organic since 1985, one of the first estates in this region to receive organic certification. All harvesting is done by hand and collected in small baskets and crates which are sent immediately to the winery which is located centrally within the vineyards.
Vines planted at a density of 3,800 vines ha, at 240m on clay sand soils, trained espalier.
Red wine vinification followed by a traditional short Charmat secondary fermenation at a controlled temperature.
Style and Values
- Closure: Natural Cork
- ABV: 11%
- Country: Italy
- Vint: 2016
- Food Match : Just perfect as an aperitif or with Ravioli
- Tasting Notes:
Ruby red colour with violet reflections, fragrant herbs and juicy black berries on the nose and a fresh, semi dry flavour with tannic sensations.
- Grape Types: Maestri, Montericco, Malbo Gentile, Salamino
You might also like
- £10.35 per bottleRioja Royal Tinto 2018
- £9.30 per bottleAlasia Cortese, 2018, 75cl
- £10.95 per bottleD`A Marsanne, `Lot 12`, Domaine Astruc 2018
- £34.75 per bottleGardet Tradition Brut, 75cl
- £10.99 per bottlePinot Noir, Santa Macarena, Espinos Y Cardos, 2019, 75cl
- £7.99 per bottleBlanco, Campo Flores, Vinos Más Buscados, 2018, 75cl
- £16.50 per bottleDomaine Sainte Marie, Tradition, Cotes De Provence, Rose, Provence, France, 2019
- £48.99 per bottleDomaine Pillot, Chassagne-Montrachet 1er Cru Rouge, Morgeot, Burgundy, France, 2017
- £15.99 per bottleSauvignon Blanc, Elim, Trizanne Signature Wines, 2019, 75cl
- £10.70 per bottleGorgorito Rueda Verdejo, 2018, 75cl
- £16.49 per bottlePouilly Fumé, Les Loges, Domaine Pierre Marchand, 2019, 75cl
- £36.00 per bottleOgilvy vodka