Venturini Baldini, Montelocco Lambrusco, DOP, Emilia Romagna, Italy, 2016
The sparkling reds that this estate produces are a revelation, full of ripe dark fruit, herbs and light tannins. The farm has been certified organic since 1985, one of the first estates in this region to receive organic certification. All harvesting is done by hand and collected in small baskets and crates which are sent immediately to the winery which is located centrally within the vineyards.
Vines planted at a density of 3,800 vines ha, at 240m on clay sand soils, trained espalier.
Red wine vinification followed by a traditional short Charmat secondary fermenation at a controlled temperature.
Style and Values
- Closure: Natural Cork
- ABV: 11%
- Country: Italy
- Vint: 2016
- Food Match : Just perfect as an aperitif or with Ravioli
- Tasting Notes:
Ruby red colour with violet reflections, fragrant herbs and juicy black berries on the nose and a fresh, semi dry flavour with tannic sensations.
- Grape Types: Maestri, Montericco, Malbo Gentile, Salamino
You might also like
- £24.99 per bottleHis Eminence's Choice, 10 Year Old Tawny Port, Delaforce Port, Real Companhia Velha, 75cl
- £10.35 per bottleRioja Royal Tinto 2019
- £2.50 per bottleWooHa Rauch N' Roll Porter
- £8.99 per bottleTorre Solar, Tempranillo, Syrah, VDT Castilla, Spain, 2018
- £34.75 per bottleGardet Tradition Brut, 75cl
- £9.95 per bottleSimonsig Chenin Blanc, 2019, 75cl
- £2.25 per bottleWooHa Northern Mischief Lager
- £11.50 per bottleRib Duero Roble Tinto, Gorgorito, 2018, 75cl
- £63.99 per bottleBrut Prestige, Champagne Pierre Mignon, 150cl
- £12.99 per bottleCuvee Balthazar Viognier 2018
- £50.00 per caseMixed Case - Red £50 for 6 Wines
- £13.50 per bottleThistledown, Gorgeous Grenache, South Australia, 2019