Carménère, Central Valley, Armador, Odfjell, 2018, 75cl
Founded by Norwegian Dan Odfjell this pre-dominantly red wine producer creates wines of elegance and poise. Odfjell are fully committed to biodynamics.
The quest of Odfjell is to make wines that are a true expression of the terroir of their vineyards. Their low yield vineyards are handled with individual care, where they handpick the grapes bringing the fruit to the cellar as intact as possible. They began planting vineyards on the estate over 15 years ago, selecting only red varieties. Today they have 85 hectares.
The grapes were picked and the bunches were destemmed but not crushed. The whole berries then underwent a cold maceration at 14ºC for four to six days prior to fermentation in 40,000-liter tanks using selected and native yeasts, followed by a 10-day post-fermentation maceration at 25ºC. Malolactic fermentation took place spontaneously in tanks.
Style and Values
- Style: Still
- Closure: Natural Cork
- ABV: 13.5%
- Country: Chile
- Vint: 2018
- Food Match : There aren't many red wines that can be said to match with curry but Carménère is the exception. Tajine, madras or sweet potato cakes
- Awards: James Suckling 93 PointsHere’s a beautiful carmenere that shows what the grape can do when it achieves full ripeness, without retaining any of the vegetal aromas. A cornucopia of black fruit and delicate spice. Mouth-filling yet fresh with
- Tasting Notes:
Alluring purplish-red in color with aromas of dark fruits and licorice as well as hints of spice notes such as black pepper and cloves. The palate is long and refreshing with ripe fruit flavours and soft tannins.
- Grape Types: Carménère
You might also like
- £10.75 per bottleVermador Tinto
- £34.75 per bottleGardet Tradition Brut, 75cl
- £26.50 per bottleMabis, Biscardo Prosecco Spumante Millesimato, DOC, Veneto, Italy (150CL)
- £37.75 per bottleChampagne Drappier Carte D’or Brut - inc glasses
- £48.99 per bottleDomaine Pillot, Chassagne-Montrachet 1er Cru Rouge, Morgeot, Burgundy, France, 2018
- £15.50 per bottleSimonsig Kaapse Vonkel Rose 2019
- £9.95 per bottleSimonsig Chenin Blanc/Pinotage Rose 2019
- £11.49 per bottleWild & Wilder, The Exhibitionist Merlot, Barossa Valley, South Australia, Australia, 2019
- £35.00 per bottleGin & Tonic Survival Kit
- £19.99 per bottleCave De Ribeauville, Pinot Noir, Alsace, France, 2017
- £8.65 per bottleCabernet Sauvignon Rosé, Central Valley, Costa Vera, Indómita, 2019, 75cl
- £11.99 per bottleLe Bio Balthazar Minervois 2020