Chardonnay, Los Espinos, Espinos Y Cardos, 2019, 75cl
Espinos y Cardos focuses on international varietals that are most adapted to the Chilean climate. From its home in a small winery in Curico, it creates a range from the beating heart of the country. The Santa Macarena Pinot Noir from a small coastal vineyard in San Antonio is their first single estate offering. 5km from the coast, this cool climate site produces fruit of great quality which with minimal intervention creates a wine of outstanding class. Viticulture- From selected vineyard sites across Chile's Central Valley. The cooling influences of the Andes and the Humboldt current together with the diurnal temperature difference here allows for slow ripening so that the grapes develop maximum flavour. Winemaking- Cold Maceration at 10°C for 4 hours. Drained and pressed. Static decanting. Alcoholic fermentation in stainless steel tanks at 13-17°C. No oak treatment.
Style and Values
- ABV: 12.5%
- Country: Chile
- Vint: 2019
- Food Match : A lovely drink on its own or with salads, fish or white meat dishes.
- Tasting Notes:
A wonderfully fresh and fruity Chardonnay, full of delicious, ripe, peachy fruit and a lively, zesty, refreshing feel. Quite simply great value for money, a level of quality and style that is way above its price.
- Grape Types: Chardonnay
You might also like
- £15.99 per bottleGavi, DOCG, Tenuta Olim Bauda, 2018, 75cl
- £10.99 per bottlePinot Noir, Santa Macarena, Espinos Y Cardos, 2018, 75cl
- £16.99 per bottleGuillaume Gonnet, Tavel Rosé, La Nymphe, Southern Rhône, France, 2018
- £28.49 per bottleNeropasso, IGT, Biscardo, Mabis, 2016, 150cl
- £14.99 per bottleOrganic Beaujolais, Domaine de la Couvette, 2018, 75cl
- £9.60 per bottleSimonsig Chenin Blanc, 2018, 75cl
- £39.99 per bottleAmarone della Valpolicella, Campo Léon, DOCG, ILatium Morini , 2014, 75cl
- £1.95 per bottleWooHa Porter
- £16.99 per bottleEstate Riesling, QbA, Wéingut Max Ferdinand Richter, 2018, 75cl
- £22.50 per bottleSancerre Blanc Les Baronnes, 2018, 75cl
- £13.49 per bottleCava Brut Reserva, Bodegas Sumarroca, 2016, 75cl
- £9.99 per bottleRioja, deAlto, 2018, 75cl