Rioja Royal Tinto 2018
Red fruit flavours and very soft wood and spicy tones.
The birth of Bodegas Franco-Españolas is due, indirectly, to one of the unhappiest incidents in the wine history of France. A phylloxera plague in the second half of the 19th century almost completely ruined the French vineyards. Because of this, the Bordeaux wine makers decided to leave the country. Frederick Saurat Anglade Bordeaux came to Spain in search of the best soil and climate, where he could continue to grow and age wines.
Bodegas FrancoEspanolas winery was founded in 1890 as a merger between Frederick Saurat Anglade Bordeaux and Spanish partners. After 125 years it is now one of the largest wineries in Rioja and has an exceptional location on the banks of the Ebro River. Bodegas Franco-Espanolas has been in the capable hands of the Eguizábal Family since 1983.
Today, Franco-Espanolas perfectly combines a respect for tradition with technological innovation to create award winning wines.
Style and Values
- Type: Bottle
- Closure: Screwcap
- ABV: 13.5%
- Country: Spain, Rioja
- Vint: 2018
- Food Match : Roast dishes or stew
- Tasting Notes:
Matured in American oak casks for 6 months. It is elegant on the nose with Tempranillo fruity flavours and very soft wood and spicy tones
- Grape Types: Garnacha, Tempranillo
You might also like
- £17.99 per bottleRasteau, Guillaume Gonnet, 2017, 75cl
- £12.00 per bottleStrawberry & Black Pepper Gin
- £13.99 per bottleValpolicella, DOC, ILatium Morini , 2018, 75cl
- £19.99 per bottleAlbariño, Pazo de Señorans, 2018, 75cl
- £15.50 per bottleSimonsig Kaapse Vonkel Rose 2018
- £8.99 per bottleTorre Solar, Tempranillo, Syrah, VDT Castilla, Spain, 2018
- £8.65 per bottleCabernet Sauvignon Rosé, Central Valley, Costa Vera, Indómita, 2019, 75cl
- £13.49 per bottleCava Brut Reserva, Bodegas Sumarroca, 2017, 75cl
- £9.99 per bottleLa Vie En Rose, Cinsault Rose, IGP Pays D'OC, Languedoc, France, 2019
- £10.70 per bottleGorgorito Rueda Verdejo, 2018, 75cl
- £22.99 per bottlePansal del Calàs, Celler de Capçanes, 2013, 50cl
- £8.99 per bottleAncora Monferrato Chiaretto, 2018, 75cl