Torre Solar, Tempranillo, Syrah, VDT Castilla, Spain, 2018
Literally meaning "the most wanted", Vinos Más Buscados is a collection of wines grown and nurtured in the Southern half of Spain, mainly in the area known as La Mancha.
Inspired by Spain's largely untapped fine wine resources, friends, colleagues and Masters of Wine, Fergal Tynan and Giles Cooke set off on a journey to find the unsung heroes of Spain, be they regions, growers or winemakers. Fergal's interest in wine terroirs and Giles' instincts for flavour, led them to unearth great Spanish wines whose stories were untold. Each wine is hand made. Each wine reflects the personality of the land and the subtle imprint of man in varying degrees. Now encompassing the terrific value of Castillo del Moro, Centelleo, Torre Solar, and Te Quiero and the organic credentials of Campo Flores, Vinos Más Buscados is a reflection of all that is best in modern Spanish wine making.
Selected parcels of grapes from small lots are destemmed and then crushed. Grapes cold soaked for up to 10 days and then fermented in temperatrue controlled stainlees steel tank with selected yeast strains. Then only free run wine is drained off after a period of post fermentation maceration. Aak aged for a period of 9 months and then carefully blended 10 months after harvest
Style and Values
- Style: Still
- Closure: Screwcap
- ABV: 13.5%
- Country: Spain
- Vint: 2018
- Food Match : Lightly spiced stews, rice dishes and charcuterie.
- Tasting Notes:
A succulent, juicy red bursting with ripe blackberry and spice character. Criminally drinkable, its vibrant fruit driven style and easy balance make for the perfect anytime red.
- Grape Types: Tempranillo, Syrah
You might also like
- £11.99 per bottleI Think Manzanilla En Rama, Equipo Navazos Sherry , Equipo Navazos, 2018, 37.5cl
- £10.49 per bottleBodegas Manzanos, Finca Manzanos Tempranillo Blanco, DOCa Rioja, Spain, 2019
- £21.99 per bottleSauvignon Gris, Estero Vineyard, Casa Marin, 2019, 75cl
- £2.50 per bottleLawless Village IPA
- £1.95 per bottleWooHa Lager
- £22.50 per bottleSancerre Blanc Les Baronnes, 2018, 75cl
- £15.90 per bottleRuminat Primitivo Lunaria Biodynamic, 75cl 2018
- £9.30 per bottleThe Wrong Un Shiraz, Cabernet, One Chain Vineyards, 2019, 75cl
- £2.50 per bottleBohemian Pilsner
- £63.99 per bottleBrut Prestige, Champagne Pierre Mignon, 150cl
- £15.90 per bottlePecorino Civitas Biodynamic, Lunaria, 2018, 75cl
- £1.95 per bottleWooHa Porter