Cartlidge and Browne, Cabernet Sauvignon, North Coast, USA, 2018
Possibly the original 'garagiste' in California Tony Cartlidge started his winery in an undistignuished Napa Valley garage. With no money to buy vineyards, and seeing no reason to, he set out to source the best possible grapes to handcraft his wines in his garage. 30 years later and Cartlidge & Browne is renown for high quality wines and decent prices, sticking to their garagiste roots of taking a different path.
Grapes are sourced from across the region - giving the flexibility to flexibility produce wine from the finest vineyards in California - Sonoma Coast, Mendocino and into the Sierra Foothills.
Harvested from the warmest parts of Lake County and the Alexander Valley for optimal richness, the Cabernet Sauvignon was then aged in French oak for 8 to 10 months.
Style and Values
- Closure: Natural Cork
- ABV: 13.5%
- Country: USA
- Vint: 2018
- Food Match : Pairs perfectly with a range of foods
- Tasting Notes:
This Cabernet starts out with rich, delicious red fruits on the nose that flows into cherry, watermelon, candied plum and crème brûlée. The soft, yet fine, tannins have notes of coffee, rose petals and wet slate.
- Grape Types: Cabernet Sauvignon, Petit Verdot, Merlot, Malbec
You might also like
- £8.49 per bottleChardonnay, Los Espinos, Espinos Y Cardos, 2019, 75cl
- £19.95 per bottlePickering's Grapefruit & Lemongrass Liqueur
- £24.99 per bottleHis Eminence's Choice, 10 Year Old Tawny Port, Delaforce Port, Real Companhia Velha, 75cl
- £42.99 per bottleBlanc de Blancs Grand Cru, Champagne Pierre Mignon, 75cl
- £11.99 per bottleI Think Manzanilla En Rama, Equipo Navazos Sherry , Equipo Navazos, 2018, 37.5cl
- £13.50 per bottleThistledown, Gorgeous Grenache Rose South Australia, 2019
- £15.99 per bottleSauvignon Blanc, Elim, Trizanne Signature Wines, 2017, 75cl
- £1.95 per bottleWooHa Lager
- £15.99 per bottleSparkling Chardonnay, Vida Orgánica, N/V, 75cl
- £42.95 per bottlePickering's Navy Strength
- £40.00 per bottleArbikie Haar Vodka
- £19.99 per bottleAlbariño, Pazo de Señorans, 2018, 75cl