Simonsig Kaapse Vonkel Rose 2019
Rose petals and red berries.
Named after its dramatic views of the Simonsberg Mountain, the estate is situated in Stellenbosch, one of South Africas premier wine regions, 45 km east of Cape Town. At the helm are the Malan family, descendants of the French Huguenot Jacques Malan who first arrived in the Cape in 1688, although it was the late Frans Malan who pioneered much of what the company stands for today.
The Malan family are one of South Africas most reputable wine producers. The three Malan brothers have passionate commitment towards quality and innovation. Simonsig wines are sold in more than 40 countries world-wide, including the United Kingdom, USA, Russia and Kenya.
Style and Values
- Closure: Natural Cork
- ABV: 12%
- Country: South Africa
- Vint: 2019
- Food Match : Perfect aperitif
- Tasting Notes:
The aromas of rose petals and red berries dominate the nose and reveal its red grape origins. The mousse is fine and enthusiastic and brings out the floral and yeasty aromas in the mouth. A mouthfilling roundness on the palate shows ample fresh fruit intensity and body which is perfectly balanced by a subtle acid structure that leads to a crisp and refreshing dry finish. A wine to celebrate your most romantic moments.
- Grape Types: Pinotage, Pinot Noir
You might also like
- £19.95 per bottlePickering's Grapefruit & Lemongrass Liqueur
- £10.99 per bottlePinot Noir, Santa Macarena, Espinos Y Cardos, 2019, 75cl
- £10.99 per bottleFunkstille Gruner Veltliner, Niederosterreich, Austria, 2020
- £19.99 per bottleSt Tamás, Mád Tokaji Late Harvest, Tokaji, Hungary, 2017
- £26.00 per caseMixed Case - Lawless, Pilsner, Session, Lager (12 Cans)
- £15.50 per bottleSimonsig Kaapse Vonkel, 2019, 75cl
- £14.99 per bottleMád Dry Furmint, St Tamás, 2016, 75cl
- £10.70 per bottleGorgorito Rueda Verdejo, 2018, 75cl
- £11.99 per bottleLe Bio Balthazar Minervois 2020
- £9.30 per bottleThe Wrong Un Shiraz, Cabernet, One Chain Vineyards, 2019, 75cl
- £2.50 per bottleLawless Village IPA
- £10.70 per bottleRose D`Anjou, Chateau De La Roulerie 2019