Funkstille Gruner Veltliner, Niederosterreich, Austria, 2021
We all need a little 'Funkstille' (radio silence) in our life now and again.
Kick back and take a moment to enjoy the silence with a glass of Grüner Veltliner. With its subtle exotic hints, ripe pear and fresh citrus flavours, it's a dry wine with complex flavours.
The grapes are harvested from 15 year + old vines in the Niederösterreich which are sited on clay and limestone soils and where the climate is cool continental. After careful picking, the must is fermented in stainless steel tank with no malolactic fermentation but with 8 weeks of lees contact. Gentel fining and cold stabilisation.
Style and Values
- Type: Bottle
- Closure: Screwcap
- ABV: 12.5%
- Country: Austria
- Vint: 2021
- Food Match : Grilled dishes and salads
- Tasting Notes:
Subtle exotic hints, ripe pear and fresh citrus flavours, it's a dry wine with complex flavours. The palate is rich with flavours of melon and grapefruit with a refreshing, zippy finish.
- Grape Types: Grüner Veltliner
You might also like
- £35.00 per bottleGin & Tonic Survival Kit
- £34.99 per bottleGuillame Gonnet, Chateauneuf-Du-Pape Rouge Bel Ami, Southern Rhone, France, 2019
- £18.50 per bottleJordan Mellifera Late Harvest Riesling 2020 37.5 cl
- £11.99 per bottleI Think Manzanilla En Rama, Equipo Navazos Sherry , Equipo Navazos, 2021, 37.5cl
- £40.00 per bottleArbikie Haar Vodka
- £2.50 per bottleBohemian Pilsner
- £13.50 per bottleSimonsig Pinotage 2018
- £27.99 per bottleViura, Abel Mendoza, 2019, 75cl
- £10.99 per bottleMarques De Lara Vinho Verde, 2020, 75cl
- £13.99 per bottleValpolicella, DOC, ILatium Morini , 2018, 75cl
- £26.99 per bottleCabernet Franc, Raats Family Wines, 2018, 75cl
- £65.75 per bottlePouilly-fume Demoiselle, Magnum, 2012, 150cl