Alvarinho, Marques De Lara, 2017, 75cl
The Alvarinho has a lovely minerality and bags of lime intensity and a creamy texture. The estate is near the town of Penafiel, close to the eastern border of Portugal’s vinho verde wine region. In 2008 Bernardo Lancastre and his brothers took over the running of the property, revitalised the vineyards and began making vinho verde and bottling their own wines – the first generation to do so. They now have around 42 hectares of vineyard in the Entre-Douro-e-Minho sub-region of Sousa, their vineyards are influenced by winds from the Atlantic Ocean – creating the perfect climate to ripen these indigenous varieties.
Style and Values
- Closure: Cork
- ABV: 12.5%
- Country: Portugal
- Vint: 2017
- Case Size : 6
- Food Match : Perfect to have with delicatessen, fish and shellfish, white meat and soft cheeses.
- Tasting Notes: The Alvarinho has a lovely minerality and bags of lime intensity and a creamy texture. Aromatic with notes of white fruit and good minerality, it is a balanced wine, with volume of mouth and a long and persistent finish.
- Grape Types: Alvarinho
You might also like
- £15.90 per bottleRuminat Primitivo Lunaria Biodynamic, 75cl 2018
- £19.65 per bottleGancedo Capricho Godello, 2015, 75cl
- £21.99 per bottleSauvignon Gris, Estero Vineyard, Casa Marin, 2018, 75cl
- £9.99 per bottleUvam, Pinot Grigio, IGT , Biscardo, Mabis, 2018, 75cl
- £9.90 per bottlePetit Balthazar Merlot, 2017, 75cl
- £17.50 per bottleJordan Mellifera Late Harvest Riesling 2016 37.5 cl
- £34.75 per bottleGardet Tradition Brut, 75cl
- £10.15 per bottleSanta Rosa Estate, Torrontés, Pinot Grigio, Mendoza, Argentina, 2018
- £9.99 per bottleMalbec, Bío Bío, Nostros Reserva, Indómita, 2018, 75cl
- £19.99 per bottleAlbariño, Pazo de Señorans, 2017, 75cl
- £13.49 per bottleVerdicchio di Castelli di Jesi Classico Superiore, Cima Signoria, DOC, Zaccagnini, 2018, 75cl
- £39.99 per bottleAmarone della Valpolicella, Campo Léon, DOCG, ILatium Morini , 2013, 75cl