Alvarinho, Marques De Lara, 2017, 75cl
The Alvarinho has a lovely minerality and bags of lime intensity and a creamy texture. The estate is near the town of Penafiel, close to the eastern border of Portugal’s vinho verde wine region. In 2008 Bernardo Lancastre and his brothers took over the running of the property, revitalised the vineyards and began making vinho verde and bottling their own wines – the first generation to do so. They now have around 42 hectares of vineyard in the Entre-Douro-e-Minho sub-region of Sousa, their vineyards are influenced by winds from the Atlantic Ocean – creating the perfect climate to ripen these indigenous varieties.
Style and Values
- Closure: Cork
- ABV: 12.5%
- Country: Portugal
- Vint: 2017
- Case Size : 6
- Food Match : Perfect to have with delicatessen, fish and shellfish, white meat and soft cheeses.
- Tasting Notes: The Alvarinho has a lovely minerality and bags of lime intensity and a creamy texture. Aromatic with notes of white fruit and good minerality, it is a balanced wine, with volume of mouth and a long and persistent finish.
- Grape Types: Alvarinho
You might also like
- £14.99 per bottleSauvignon Blanc, Elim, Trizanne Signature Wines, 2017, 75cl
- £1.95 per bottleWooha Wheat
- £44.25 per bottleBenromach Organic
- £11.75 per bottleVilla Wolf Pinot Blanc 2016
- £29.95 per bottlePickering's Original 1947
- £21.99 per bottlePansal del Calàs, Celler de Capçanes, 2013, 50cl
- £34.99 per bottleCrianza, Bodegas Luis Cañas, 2015, 150cl
- £9.30 per bottleAlasia Cortese, 2017, 75cl
- £15.75 per bottleRuminat Primitivo Lunaria Biodynamic, 75cl 2017
- £8.85 per bottleAves Del Sur Chardonnay 2017 75cl
- £24.99 per bottleHis Eminence's Choice, 10 Year Old Tawny Port, Delaforce Port, Real Companhia Velha, 75cl
- £9.60 per bottlePetit Balthazar Merlot, 2017, 75cl