Alvarinho, Marques De Lara, 2017, 75cl
The Alvarinho has a lovely minerality and bags of lime intensity and a creamy texture. The estate is near the town of Penafiel, close to the eastern border of Portugal’s vinho verde wine region. In 2008 Bernardo Lancastre and his brothers took over the running of the property, revitalised the vineyards and began making vinho verde and bottling their own wines – the first generation to do so. They now have around 42 hectares of vineyard in the Entre-Douro-e-Minho sub-region of Sousa, their vineyards are influenced by winds from the Atlantic Ocean – creating the perfect climate to ripen these indigenous varieties.
Style and Values
- Closure: Cork
- ABV: 12.5%
- Country: Portugal
- Vint: 2017
- Case Size : 6
- Food Match : Perfect to have with delicatessen, fish and shellfish, white meat and soft cheeses.
- Tasting Notes: The Alvarinho has a lovely minerality and bags of lime intensity and a creamy texture. Aromatic with notes of white fruit and good minerality, it is a balanced wine, with volume of mouth and a long and persistent finish.
- Grape Types: Alvarinho
You might also like
- £15.99 per bottleThe Drift Farm, Year of the Rooster, Single Vineyard Touriga Franca Rosé, Overberg Highlands, South Africa, 2016
- £15.50 per bottleSimonsig Kaapse Vonkel, 2017, 75cl
- £13.25 per bottleSimonsig Pinotage 2016
- £9.30 per bottleAlasia Cortese, 2017, 75cl
- £15.90 per bottleMontepulciano Coste Di Moro Biodynamic, 2015, 75cl
- £16.99 per bottleEstate Riesling, QbA, Wéingut Max Ferdinand Richter, 2017, 75cl
- £25.00 per bottlePickering's Islay Oak Aged Gin
- £12.99 per bottlePradio, Passaparola, Prosecco, Spumante DOC, Veneto, Italy, N/V
- £10.00 per bottleGift Voucher £10
- £40.00 per bottleArbikie Vodka
- £8.95 per bottleIl Meridione Catarratto, 2017, 75cl
- £8.99 per bottleAncora Monferrato Chiaretto, 2017, 75cl