Alvarinho, Marques De Lara, 2017, 75cl
The Alvarinho has a lovely minerality and bags of lime intensity and a creamy texture. The estate is near the town of Penafiel, close to the eastern border of Portugal’s vinho verde wine region. In 2008 Bernardo Lancastre and his brothers took over the running of the property, revitalised the vineyards and began making vinho verde and bottling their own wines – the first generation to do so. They now have around 42 hectares of vineyard in the Entre-Douro-e-Minho sub-region of Sousa, their vineyards are influenced by winds from the Atlantic Ocean – creating the perfect climate to ripen these indigenous varieties.
Style and Values
- Closure: Cork
- ABV: 12.5%
- Country: Portugal
- Vint: 2017
- Case Size : 6
- Food Match : Perfect to have with delicatessen, fish and shellfish, white meat and soft cheeses.
- Tasting Notes: The Alvarinho has a lovely minerality and bags of lime intensity and a creamy texture. Aromatic with notes of white fruit and good minerality, it is a balanced wine, with volume of mouth and a long and persistent finish.
- Grape Types: Alvarinho
You might also like
- £26.99 per bottleCabernet Franc, Raats Family Wines, 2015, 75cl
- £9.30 per bottleAlasia Cortese, 2017, 75cl
- £14.99 per bottleMád Dry Furmint, St Tamás, 2016, 75cl
- £9.90 per bottlePetit Balthazar Cinsault Rose, 2017, 75cl
- £18.99 per bottleSancerre Rosé, Domaine Daulny, 2017, 75cl
- £17.99 per bottleRasteau, Guillaume Gonnet, 2017, 75cl
- £11.49 per bottleWild & Wilder, The Exhibitionist Merlot, Barossa Valley, South Australia, Australia, 2018
- £40.00 per bottleArbikie Chilli Vodka
- £19.99 per bottleAlbariño, Pazo de Señorans, 2017, 75cl
- £19.99 per bottleIona, Chardonnay, Elgin, South Africa, 2017
- £8.95 per bottleIl Meridione Catarratto, 2017, 75cl
- £8.95 per bottleCastillo De Monseran, Barrel Aged Garnacha 2016