Jordan Mellifera Late Harvest Riesling 2018 37.5 cl
Delicate, floral and fresh ripe apricot bouquet with a limey citrus twist. The utmost patience was needed to make this wine, taking the whole day to press the raisined berries. The juice was racked into a stainless steel tank and fermented at 14 - 17°C with a specially selected strain of yeast capable of handling higher sugars. Named after the Cape Honey Bee, Apis Mellifera Capensis, and inspired by the owners’ son’s unfortunate experience with them during the sweet wine’s very first press cycle.
Gary and Kathy Jordan have been making world-class wines since 1993 on a farm with a history going back over 300 years. He's a geologist, she's an economist - together this husband and wife team is a phenomenon. Gary's parents, Ted and Sheelagh, bought the 146-hectare Stellenbosch property in 1982, and embarked on an extensive replanting programme, specializing in classic varieties suited to the different soils and slopes. From the Jordan hillside vineyards one has spectacular panoramic views of Table Mountain, False Bay and Stellenbosch.
Their focus is on producing fiercely individual wines that combine the fruity accessibility of the New World with the Classic Elegance of the Old.
Style and Values
- Closure: Cork
- ABV: 11%
- Country: South Africa
- Vint: 2018
- Case Size : 6
- Food Match : The perfect ending to a meal - pair with crème brulee or a cheese selection.
- Tasting Notes:
Sweet wine with delicate, floral and fresh ripe apricot bouquet and a limey citrus twist. Sun-dried peach and apricot flavours with a well-balanced acidity add elegance to the long rich finish.
- Grape Types: Riesling
You might also like
- £10.99 per bottlePinot Noir, Santa Macarena, Espinos Y Cardos, 2018, 75cl
- £12.99 per bottlePradio, Passaparola, Prosecco, Spumante DOC, Veneto, Italy, N/V
- £2.50 per bottleLawless Village IPA
- £26.99 per bottleCabernet Franc, Raats Family Wines, 2015, 75cl
- £11.75 per bottleVilla Wolf Pinot Blanc 2016
- £15.99 per bottleCunning Plan Shiraz, Langhorne Creek, Thistledown, 2018, 75cl
- £59.75 per bottleBenromach 15 Year Old
- £19.65 per bottleGancedo Capricho Godello, 2015, 75cl
- £15.99 per bottleSparkling Chardonnay, Vida Orgánica, N/V, 75cl
- £10.15 per bottleSanta Rosa Estate, Torrontés, Pinot Grigio, Mendoza, Argentina, 2018
- £8.65 per bottlePierre et Papa, Dry White, IGP Comté Tolosan, France , 2018
- £10.85 per bottleMarques De Lara Vinho Verde, 2018, 75cl