His Eminence's Choice, 10 Year Old Tawny Port, Delaforce Port, Real Companhia Velha, 75cl
Real Companhia Velha is the oldest wine company in Portugal, having recently celebrated 260 years of uninterrupted port production. Founded in 1756 by the King of Portugal, this company represents some of the finest Quintas in the Douro. Old but not out of touch, they have been able to preserve and honour the traditional winemaking while investing in the future with constant modernisation and experimentation in their vineyards. Viticulture- His Eminence’s Choice, the distinguished and most famous of all Ports produced by Delaforce, was first made available back in the 1930s. The grapes are selected and harvested by hand in mid September and, the case of the Delaforce vineyards, are placed in small trays which keep them in perfect condition during transport to the winery. Winemaking- The wine is carefully blended after full tasting and examination of Delaforce Ports which are selected from the best areas of the Douro Port region every year to become reserves for His Eminence. These reserves will remain maturing in casks over many years in Vila Nova de Gaia until they reach the mellow perfection for which it has justly gained much fame.
Style and Values
- Style: Fortified
- Closure: Natural Cork
- ABV: 20%
- Country: Portugal
- Food Match : Serve with blue cheese, mature cheddar, nuts, and chocolate desserts.
- Tasting Notes: This sumptuous and richly flavoured tawny port is matured for ten years in seasoned oak casks. It combines ripe jammy fruit aromas with the rich mellow flavours of wood ageing and displays the characteristic elegance, balance and harmony of the Delaforce house style. Rich and round on the palate.
- Grape Types: Touriga Nacional, Touriga Franca, Tinta Roriz
You might also like
- £39.99 per bottleBenromach 10 Years Old
- £17.99 per bottleRasteau, Guillaume Gonnet, 2017, 75cl
- £12.99 per bottleRosado Barrica, Finca Manzanos, Bodegas Manzanos, 2017, 75cl
- £11.75 per bottleVilla Wolf Pinot Noir Rose, 2018 75cl
- £15.99 per bottleZelen, Guerila, 2017, 75cl
- £29.95 per bottlePickering's Original 1947
- £18.99 per bottleClos Venturi, 1769 White, Corsica, France, 2017
- £16.99 per bottleThorny Devil Grenache, Barossa Valley, Thistledown, 2016, 75cl
- £19.99 per bottleAlbariño, Pazo de Señorans, 2017, 75cl
- £40.00 per bottleArbikie Chilli Vodka
- £10.49 per bottleBodegas Manzanos, Finca Manzanos Tempranillo Blanco, DOCa Rioja, Spain, 2018
- £11.75 per bottleVilla Wolf Pinot Blanc 2016